Monday, February 21, 2011

Homemade Base 10 Cubes

It was time to learn place values and I wanted a hands-on manipulative to use. I could have bought them for around $15 dollars but since we are homeschooling on a tight budget, I decided to make my own set. I used photoshop to make the basic squares and I also saved it as a pdf so that I could share it with others. Once I printed the different squares, I laminated them and attached small squares cut from my magnet roll to the top and bottom of each piece. Now we can use them on our magnet dry erase board. And since I used materials that I already had on hand, I didn't need to puchase additional items. If you don't have a laminator, you can use contact paper to preserve your cut pieces. I've uploaded the files of the master copies for your personal use. Here is the link for the first one, and here is this link for the second sheet.

No comments:

Post a Comment