Monday, June 25, 2012

Glue Sticks, Scissors, and Construction Paper

I had no idea that my child would come up with so many creative ideas with these three simple things. He has been fascinated with cutting out shapes and objects and creating imaginative scenes and I've been sneaking in some summer schooling by having him write little descriptions for his art. I plan to put them in sheet protectors in a binder to make a little book of his art and that has made him even more excited. And I'm excited because this is the kid that hated drawing because he couldn't get things to look just right. Just by giving him free reign of his scissors and paper, he's gone from fantasy scenes to wanting to recreate the solar system, so now we're doing a science unit. During the summer. And he's excited about it. And yes, I am a grammar freak that just intentionally used sentence fragments. It's because I'm so thrilled that he's loving school and keeping his brain fresh without realizing that mommy is sneaking in learning. And now I really wish I had thought of alternative art long ago...like during the school year :p One thing that led to this burst of creativity was the use of a tote filled with art supplies...which I'll discuss in another post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment